Monday, December 20, 2010

Untitled by Josh Hargett

K, so here's a poem by my son...


How has my life come to this?
 I am as plain and lifeless as the wall at which i constantly stare.
It's as if my brain is empty; my head filled with only air.
I long for something different, something wonderfully unique.
Only within the realms of your mind can I find this thing of which I speak.
Correction, I mean things, for there are many there to find.
There's creativity and expression in your opinionated mind.
Wonder and amazement fill me up with every word.
Your thoughts and your feelings are the best i've ever heard.
You may have a few problems and be quite fond of the knife
But all I know is that when you speak
Your words bring me to life.
So if one day you hurt and welcome death with open arms
Remember that i'm here for you.
To protect you from all harm

©Joshua Hargett 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment